View Job Posting
Sep. 11, 2019
Sales Manager ( Hospitality )
Reporting to the VP of Sales and Marketing, successful candidate performs sales functions and interact with potential guest and/or clients within defined territories in a professional and courteous manner. Hospitality experience a MUST.
- Minimum 2-3 years sales-related experience in the hospitality industry
- Proven ability to negotiate in a diplomatic, tactful and professional manner
- Superaltive sales skills including prospecting through needs assessment, probing, overcoming objections and closing techniques
- Knowledgeable of catering (on-site/off-site) and conference group event planning
- Proficient in currency conversion specifically with Canadian to U.S. currencies
- Providing personalized and exceptional guest service at every given opportunity.
- Responsible for generating business from assigned markets through the development of strong business relationships with existing and new clients.
- Gathers referrals from existing clients and meeting planners from assigned markets.
- Attends hospitality-related trade shows, and special events as required.
- Responsible for responding to inquiries from initial call to point of sale.
- Actively solicits new and existing business through phone calls, personal calls and diligent sales techniques and solicitation.
- Meets with clients to inspect property locations and follows up on requests.
- Ensures proper communication with clients via email, proposals and contracts.
- Maintains an active client list and pursues new business contacts at every opportunity.
- Ensures that clients receive the highest quality of attention to their requests by monitoring, guiding and following up on incoming sales inquiries.
- Responsible for conference room revenue management through effective planning and scheduling of conference room activities.
- Ensures administrative functions are being performed within the operating budget guidelines while securing the highest quality of Guest service.
- Meeting established up-selling and sales goals.
- Having a thorough knowledge of products and services.
- Suggesting additional product and services meeting our guests’ specific preferences.
- Assessing guests’ individual needs to meet standards for additional products and services.
- Actively seeking ways to meet guests’ product or service needs.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Above average interpersonal skills.
- Communication skills both oral and written.
- Pleasant, outgoing personality with a strong hospitality orientation.
- Diplomatic telephone manner.
- Professional appearance and demeanor, positive and proactive attitude.
- Confidence in selling and up-selling products and services.
- Positive sales oriented personality.
- Desire to meet goals.
- Ethical and honest.