View Job Posting
Mar. 13, 2020
A reputable, Niagara based manufacturer is looking for a Production Superintendent to join their team. The successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of production in the PVC Unit, including the health, safety, environmental and security performance of the plant, production rates, product quality and costs. Reporting to the Operations Manager, the position also provides leadership to the four shifts in PVC Operations as well as the Production Engineer. The provision of administrative oversight to PVC Operations for shift employee progression, the training program and operator testing is required.
- University Degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering is mandatory
- 5-10 years’ experience in plant operations, processes and procedures
- Previous experience with Health and Safety practices in a manufacturing environment
- Previous supervisory experience including planning, coordinating and delegating work
- Must have excellent administrative, analytical, diagnostic and problem solving skills
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication and team building skills
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office Suite and SAP applications
- Supervises Shift Supervisors, Training Coordinator and Production Engineer for both the West and North production areas.
- Coordinates the plant shut-downs and related administration and identifies and communicates maintenance requirements on a daily basis to meet production targets.
- Ensures adequate shift manning is scheduled for intermittent and long-term illness and vacation of Control Operators and communicates with staff.
- Prepares and conducts performance appraisals, recommends skills training improvements, resolves employee issues/concerns in consultation with Human Resources, maintains employee morale and facilitates team building and cooperation to ensure a positive work environment.
- Interacts with plant management staff to interpret short and long range production schedules, standard operating procedures, performance planning process, administrative policies, department position objectives and plant regulations.
- Troubleshoots abnormal process variables and equipment malfunctions within the plant.
- Prepares and administers programs, methods, systems, training and practices for reducing costs and improving employee and plant efficiency, safety, productivity and reliability.
- Ensures consistency of operation, application of policies/procedures and accountability across all shifts.
- Maintains protection of the environment and the health and safety of the employees, customers and the communities in which we operate and transport products.
- Conducts daily work activities in support of Health and Safety objectives and policies.