View Job Posting
Feb. 24, 2021
Full Time Permanent
The Maintenance Millwright performs and oversees mechanical preventative maintenance and troubleshooting, as well as new installations. He/she is on call 24 hours per day while the plant is in operation. The Maintenance Millwright reports to the Maintenance Supervisor and is paid hourly.
- Millwright Certification 433A
- Some specialized training such as regulatory, health and safety training is required for the Maintenance Millwright.
- Forklift certificate and a driver’s license (Class G).
- Minimum 5 years Experience.
- Perform preventative maintenance and all related tasks to minimize downtime of production equipment. Support Production needs when equipment failures arise.
- Keeping scheduled lines running.
- Keep equipment in “as new” shape utilizing OEM parts, specifications and technicians for proper installation/replacement
- Respond to the needs of production to ensure maximum uptime
- Installations, modifications and repair work – mechanical
- Troubleshoot problems on the production equipment
- Repairs on equipment and buildings not associated with the production lines and outside of Maintenance Millwright classified tasks
- Daily reporting, housekeeping and adherence to safety and quality standards
- Observe and anticipate possible problem areas with machinery
- Purchasing, organizing and managing spare parts inventory
- Recommend improvements to process methods, production equipment regarding safety, efficiency and/or cost savings
- Co-coordinating and overseeing the work and safety of on-site contractors
- Assist with production when needed. Set daily tasks with Supervisor.
- Complete daily logs and activities reports and any other required documentation
- Occasionally (if requested by supervisor/management) prepare documents
- Provide on the job training to new/junior staff.
- Use of various hand and power tools.
- Use of precision measuring instruments.
- Operating machine tools (milling machine, drill press, lathe and grinder) to fabricate parts required during overhaul, maintenance or set-up of machinery.
- Sharpening and maintaining machine tools.
- Perform all work in a safe manner and adhere to all safety policies and procedures
- Keep all work areas in a safe, clean, and orderly condition always
- Report all injuries (no matter how small) and document in the first aid book
- Complete incident reports in relation to health and safety issues or material spills.
- Report and/or contain any hazardous condition or problem
- Wear all mandatory Personal Protective Equipment
Skills: Active listening, reading comprehension, instructing, coordination, time management, speaking, writing, basic mathematics, monitoring, social perceptiveness, and critical thinking. Work Values: To succeed in this position, the Industrial Millwright needs to value providing service to others and working with co-workers in a friendly environment. Work Styles: The following work styles are attributable to the Industrial Millwright: Attention to detail, accuracy, dependability, integrity, cooperation, self-control, stress tolerance, concern for others, adaptability/flexibility, initiative, creative problem solver, independence, social orientation. Attitude: The Industrial Millwright is required to have good organizational abilities and good interpersonal skills and have a positive attitude, be customer service oriented, patient, and industrious.