View Job Posting
Jun. 25, 2020
A family owned and operated local company, in business for 50+ years, is seeking a Dispatcher for the scheduling and dispatch of drivers, equipment and service vehicles required for the truckload haulage of freight throughout North America. Reporting to the Operations Manager, the position offers the opportunity to provide support in a fast-paced, high call volume environment with timely and precise operational and data entry responsibilities.
- High school diploma is required
- College program in Logistics or equivalent business related experience preferred
- 5-10 years’ experience in the transportation industry is required (i.e. shipping/receiving, scheduling, freight negotiations and regulatory requirements)
- Experience with TMW Truckmate business application is an asset
- Basic knowledge of Hours of Service and Cross Border Customs regulations
- HTA knowledge and experience as it pertains to over-dimensional load travel and permitting process would be preferred
- Advanced computer skills- Outlook, Excel, Word
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically and professionally at all times
- Able to work well under pressure
- Flexible and able to deal with change
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent customer service/communication skills
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
- Receive and process transportation requirement requests from customers.
- Create initiatives and procedures that maximize organizational ability to service clients with the most efficiency possible.
- Schedule and dispatch truck shipments with the goal to book the timeliest service possible.
- Direct the pickup and delivery activities of drivers.
- Provide accurate directions for pickup and delivery services.
- Schedule and dispatch workers, equipment or service vehicles to appropriate locations according to requests, specifications or needs.
- Relay work orders, messages and information to or from work crews, supervisors and field inspectors.
- Track shipments from pickup through delivery for accurate, up-to-date information sharing.
- Oversee all communications within specifically assigned territories.
- Monitor personnel and/or equipment locations and utilization in order to coordinate service and schedules.
- Manage a real-time transportation database reflecting rates, equipment, origin/destination pairs, fuel surcharges etc.
- Breakdown, verify and process driver delivery paperwork.
- Maintain accurate up to date information on delivery equipment
- Generally maintain an open and effective dialogue with delivery personnel to ensure fairness and clarity of understanding.
- Respond to complaints with thoroughness and accuracy.
- Adheres to organization’s security and confidentiality policies.
- Adheres to corporate and departmental policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Competitive Salary
- Future Benefits Package