View Job Posting
Jun. 26, 2020
Quality Control Inspector
Permanent Full Time
The Quality Control Inspector is responsible for direct examination of products to ensure that quality standards and procedures are met and aligned with legislation and customer specifications. Requiring a high level of attention to detail, the Quality Control Inspector is responsible for strictly adhering to the organization's quality assurance policies, and identifying defects and or production errors in order to prevent these materials from entering the supply chain. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Post -Secondary Education in a related field.
- Certified Quality Technicians certificate is an asset.
- Minimum 5 years of hands-on work experience with QA/QC systems, regulations, guidelines, and associated standards. Quality Control of manufacturing materials and/or steel manufacturing would be considered and an asset.
- Experience in an ISO 9001 environment is a requirement.
- Direct knowledge of QA/QC methodologies.
- Comply with the Occupational Health and Safety Act as well as with company’s Safety Policy.
- Practical experience with risk management, product testing, capability studies, and control plans.
- Training and knowledge of Six Sigma techniques and Lean Manufacturing are desirable.
- Highly motivated and self-directed capable of multi-tasking, and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Extremely detail-oriented and analytical thinker.
- Able to interface directly with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to create and review technical and design documentation inclusive of project plans and test procedures.
- Able to develop, review, and maintain metrics and quality audits.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office productivity suite.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Daily inspection of onsite manufactured cladding products, as assigned and trained.
- Remove defective items from production, designating reason for removal.
- Report defects and produce non-conformance reports to document defects including corrective actions to the appropriate manager.
- Perform internal QC audits that are compliant with policies, practices, and procedures.
- Assist with the maintenance of QA/QC monitoring programs, including audits, controls, and other qualifiers.
- Support new product development and continuous improvement and by integrating quality control tools (e.g. Lean, Six Sigma, etc.) into processes.
- Comply with QA programs for monitoring supplier quality, including audits, controls, and other qualifiers.
- Promote and advocate quality achievement and performance improvement across the organization.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with local, national, and international standards and legislation.
- Adopt and incorporate quality methods into production.
- Develop and maintain QA control documentation.
Please forward resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org