View Job Posting
Jul. 16, 2020
A growing manufacturing company specializing in premium, high performance construction products is seeking an experienced Assistant Controller to add to their team. Reporting to the CFO/Controller, the successful candidate will be responsible for assisting with the bookkeeping, cost management, productivity analysis, financial reporting, payroll, benefits administration and fiscal integrity of the company. If you are CA/CPA with strengths in building processes and interacting with coworkers within a fast paced and dynamic environment, this is the opportunity for you.
- Recognized accounting designation (CA, CGA, CMA, CPA) required
- Fluent in German- mandatory
- 5-10 years of proven financial and accounting management experience including several years as a Senior Accountant
- Experience in a medium sized international manufacturing company is an asset
- Proven leadership and management experience in a business environment
- Knowledge and experience in cost management and control processes
- Proven experience in developing and administering an effective fiscal management system, budgets, preparing for audits and financial analysis
- Knowledge and understanding of Canadian GAAP and tax compliance
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and other Accounting ERP Software
- Exceptional service-oriented communication and team skills; both verbal and written
- Highly analytical using a collaborative approach
- Strong work ethic, respectful and professional manner
- Ability to work and thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced and challenging environment
- Prepare accurate financial information and internal reports.
- Develop comprehensive financial projections in conjunction with the management team.
- Create, implement and continuously improve systems, standards and processes for financial management, measurement and control including monitoring and reporting of costs of business and operation, versus budget.
- Ensure the alignment of all reporting with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and industry standards.
- Prepare for and cooperate with the audit process.
- Collaborate and communicate with coworkers on an ongoing basis.
- Collaboratively establish and implement short and long term budgets and objectives.
- Work effectively and professionally with key stakeholder groups as required including shareholders, auditors, management and employees.
- Create a solutions-oriented and positive environment for all stakeholders.
- Ensure accurate and timely preparation of monthly and annual financial statements and reports.
- Manage accounts payable, receivables, payroll, benefits, and government remittances, staff expenses so as to ensure accuracy and monitor cash flow.
- Acts as HR administrator by monitoring statutory holidays, vacations, sick leave, bereavement, lieu time, benefits and working on payroll issues.