View Job Posting
Sep. 22, 2020
Director of Finance (Hospitality)
An established business in the hospitality industry in the Niagara Region is searching for a Director of Finance to lead the development and implementation of finance and business analytics strategies. Reporting to the Vice President/General Manager, this role will implement best practice financial control, revenue enhancement and will involve navigating through sophisticated accounting policies with long standing senior management to provide financial leadership and oversee all financial planning initiatives.
- Post-secondary education in Business Administration
- Accounting designation with 8 years accounting and finance experience within a hospitality accounting environment, including 5 years in a senior role, with knowledge of ASPE, internal controls and financial reporting
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Excellent team leadership, relationship management, analytical and project management skills
- Record of continuous quality improvement
- Deadline-driven, creative, proactive, self-starting, inquisitive, intuitive and strategic thinker
- Demonstrated business acumen
- Expert level knowledge of EBITDA and revenue enhancement strategies and techniques
- Exceptional problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Strong interpersonal and people skills
- Experience with ADP, Business Information applications and advanced Excel functions
- Ability to function effectively in a fast paced environment, under short time constraints and deadlines
- Leads the development and implementation of financial strategies and practices that maximize Return on Invested Capital (ROIC), focusing on expense control, revenue growth and managing working capital.
- Responsible for timely and accurate financial reporting including Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Cash flow and accompanying analysis of actual results to budget and prior year.
- Leads the annual and quarterly operating and capital budgeting process.
- Works with the finance team to develop and implement business analytics strategies and techniques aimed at streamlining business processes and practices.
- Provides counsel, assesses and improves the role, organization and effectiveness of the finance function across departments.
- Initiates and leads change projects with a focus on the finance and operational functions.
- Assist the VP/GM with the preparation of financial models to analyze growth opportunities of the current and future businesses.
- Support selecting, orienting, training, recognizing, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling and disciplining employees.
- Communicating job expectations; contributes to team success by being accessible and by providing timely feedback on employee performance.
- Establish and maintain department standards with a focus on exceptional service.
- Meets operational standards by contributing information to strategic plans and review; implementing production, quality and customer-service standards; resolving problems.
- How many years of Finance experience do you have?
- What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- Why are you interested in this job?