View Job Posting
Jan. 13, 2021
Lab Bench Operator
To support and assist the Environmental Engineer and the Safety Specialist with a variety of environmental and safety related tasks and initiatives. In addition, to co-ordinate, administer, comply and monitor the Industrial Hygiene, Environmental and Safety objectives at the Niagara Plant. To achieve 100 % regulatory compliance concerning Health, Environment and Safety. Conduct daily work activities in support of HSE objectives and policies. Use personal accountability to assist with carrying out duties, responsibilities and authority as defined in HSE programs, practices and procedures. Understand HSE policies and programs. Work safely, with respect to health and environmental requirements
- Successful completion of a Community College Diploma in Chemistry (or related Chemical Technology program) with relevant experience preferred OR completion of a High School diploma coupled with a minimum of 5 years of related laboratory experience in a PVC plant environment.
- Knowledge of Lab processes, procedures and related systems in a Lab environment. Sound knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and regulations.
- Knowledge of computer software applications, instrumentation and ability to operate computer systems and software applications including Microsoft Excel, Word, Power-point, Outlook, and to conduct research using the internet. SAP knowledge / experience would be an asset.
- High level of problem solving/analytical skills, strong organizational and coordination skills.
- Ability to work independently and within a team is required.
- Related Lab testing experience an asset.
- Familiar with plant operations, computerized systems, processes and procedures.
- Related experience in preparing reports and maintaining records.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to deal with tact, diplomacy and courtesy. In addition, must have previous experience with Health and Safety practices and procedures in a manufacturing environment, ideally a chemical processing facility.
- To perform resin and process support testing.
- To work with production and distribution to determine the destination silo of in-spec or off-grade produced resin.
- Conduct daily work activities in support of HSE objectives and policies.
- Use personal accountability to assist with carrying out duties, responsibilities and authority as defined in HSE programs, practices and procedures.
- Understand HSE policies and programs. Work safely, with respect to health and environmental requirements.