View Job Posting
Apr. 28, 2021
Community Development Specialist
Community Support Services of Niagara (CSSN) is currently seeking a full time permanent Community Development Specialist to add to our team. CSSN is a volunteer based, not-for-profit agency providing comprehensive support services to assist seniors and adults with disabilities to live independently in their homes. Reporting to the Executive Director, the successful candidate will manage a portfolio that raises $400 000+ annually.
- Degree/diploma in fundraising, marketing and/or sales
- Post graduate degree in fundraising, marketing or sales an asset
- 3+ years’ experience in fundraising, marketing or sales environment
- Experience with social media
- Creative, energetic, adaptable and flexible
- Ability to take initiative, work independently and as a member of a team
- Strong conflict resolution skills and abilities
- Demonstrated report writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills including team building skills
- Valid Ontario driver’s license and use of automobile required
- Bilingual in French and English is preferred
Engagement and Cause Related Marketing/Revenue Development
- Identify and cultivate a viable pipeline of corporate giving and sponsorship.
- Provide support to Coordinator, Executive Director and Board of Directors for donor cultivation and relationship management.
- Develop case support, effective donor proposals and stewardship reports.
- Plan and execute events or campaigns, presentation and speaking engagements that support acquisition and/or retention strategies.
- Provide event reporting and analysis of activity to ensure financial efficiency and managing appropriate ratios.
- Manage and execute signature events, ensuring maximized revenue and optimized efficiencies.
- Primary contact and relationship manager for 3rd party events and VIP stakeholders.
- Establish key performance indicators, analysis and reporting related to community engagement and events activities.
- Establish and cultivate robust sponsorship platform.
- Oversee vendor partners to ensure cost efficiency and quality of delivery.
- Ensure brand integration at all events and marketing related activities.
- Drive event innovation and opportunities.
- Devise and implement comprehensive development programs including donor identification, management, cultivation and recognition and stewardship.
- Develop funding proposals and create program plans for bequests, deferred/planned giving, corporate, individual support.
- Develop, implement and maintain policies and procedure for the acceptance of Major Gifts and Planned Giving Gifts.
- Forge relationships with donors and sows the seed for annual donors to perpetuate their giving through planned gifts.
- Ensure all major and planned giving donors receive appropriate, consistent recognition and accounting of the impact that their gift has had on agency.
- Oversee the development of fundraising administrative infrastructure and its suite of tools to ensure consistency, adherence to CRA guidelines and meet best in class stewardship.
- Ensure the integrity and usability of donor data and financial processes to maximize fundraising activities and meet organizational reporting requirements.
- Provide leadership in the planning and development of program materials aimed at fundraising and public awareness and social media.
- Act as an ambassador as required on behalf of the organization.
- Perform other duties and functions as required.
Please submit your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org We appreciate all who express interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Community Support Services of Niagara (CSSN) will provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process. Please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.