View Job Posting
Sep. 9, 2021
Senior Customer Accounts Representative
From $25.00 per hour
A Niagara based utilities company is currently searching for a dynamic and experienced Senior Customer Accounts Representative to join their team. This part-time role reports to the Regulatory and Customer Accounts Supervisor and provides the highest level of service to our customers. This senior position requires a high level of accuracy and attention to detail along with an increased level of responsibility, while demonstrating a personal commitment to provide timely and professional service to all our customers, internal and external.
- Previous experience with invoicing utility customers;
- Minimum of Grade 12 Secondary School Diploma, or equivalent;
- Post secondary education, at a recognized College or University, in Business or Office Administration would be an asset;
- Ability and experience to provide direction and assistance to other Customer Service employees;
- Demonstrates a desire to improve customer service level;
- Positive customer interactions;
- Excellent oral and written communication;
- Computer proficiency in a Windows environment, word processing, spreadsheet and database applications;
- Valid “G” driver’s license.
- Responsible for invoicing large commercial accounts, retailers, Microfit and FIT customers ensuring accurate current account information up to date contact information for all retailers.
- Works within the CIS system and identify performance issues.
- Testing for rate and programming changes as required.
- Execute dunning run and related dunning tasks such as disconnection notices, field collections, and disconnections for large commercial customers.
- Monthly final collections for closed accounts and submission of information to the collection agency.
- Quarterly review of equal payment plan balances to ensure balances are aligned with customer consumption.
- Review small and large business accounts annually, or as requested by the customer, to ensure customers are included in the appropriate rate class and category.
- Compile customer letters regarding rate or program changes.
- Provide regular phone support for customer accounts.
- Provide back up for the input of customer payments as required.
- Problem solving and troubleshooting for complex customer account and retailer issues.
- Monthly unbilled, consumption and other statistical reporting as required.
- Provide support to assist during power outages/trouble calls and emergencies.
- Assist with orientation of staff into the Customer Service Environment.
- Update and maintain procedures for the Customer Accounts department.
- Participate in review of departmental procedures to ensure workflow, productivity and improvement. Identify process improvements that align with department goals and regulatory compliance.
- Provide work orders to the Engineering department for new services, stale meter investigations etc.
- Update the company's website with revised information as required.
- Customer Accounts Representative duties as required.
- Follow corporate procedures and processes.
- Follow safe work practices in the department.
- Performs other duties as requested or required.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected to be interviewed will be contacted.