View Job Posting
Nov. 11, 2021
Our client is seeking a qualified Treasurer/Senior Accountant for up to (4) four boards to join their team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting with strong finance background
- Proficient in Office 365, cloud technology, Sage Business Vision
- 5 years of full cycle accounting experience
- Exceptional self and project management skills with a demonstrated ability to manage evolving priorities in a dynamic work environment and willingness to step into a “do-er role” when needed
- High degree of accuracy and organization with attention to detail
- Ability to handle sensitive, confidential information
- Excellent interpersonal relations and demonstrated ability to work independently and with others.
- Responsible for preparing and completing financial statements for not-for-profit organizations, budgets, and interim reports.
- Manage external audit engagements.
- Responsible for bi-weekly payroll and government remittances, T4 and ROE preparation and manage employee health benefit program
- Comply with provincial and federal government reporting (HST, FSCO for pensions)
- Maintain bank accounts, investments (GIC), make bank payments and monitor cash flow, Credit card processing and reconciliation.
- Manage the company’s financial accounting, monitoring, and reporting systems
- Overseeing the accounts payable and receivable functions, general accounting administration ensuring efficient and accurate accounting operations.
- Health & Safety representative
- Provides backup to Office Manager/Accounts Payable
- Work on ad-hoc projects as necessary