View Job Posting
Oct. 12, 2021
Purchasing and Inventory Management Coordinator or (Supply Chain and Inventory Manager)
Our client is seeking a Purchasing and Inventory Management Coordinator. The successful candidate will be responsible for sourcing and buying supplies, materials and services. Key responsibilities include managing day to day inventory to ensure that the office, production, secondary and maintenance teams have the product they require to meet demand. They will successfully manage vendors, increasing inventory turnaround and sourcing high quality products at the best price, delivered on time and complete.
- Post-secondary education in purchasing, inventory control or supply chain management plus 3 years’ related experience.
- Knowledge of inventory control techniques such as Kanban, ABC Analysis, visual inventory is an asset.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Comprehensive experience drafting vendor agreements including the ability to assess and mitigate risk with vendors and suppliers through well-structured agreements.
- Excellent analytical & problem-solving skills, exercise good judgement and critical thinking
- Strong interpersonal skills and maintain collaborative relationships with suppliers and internal stakeholders
- Well organized with attention to detail and ability to prioritize time sensitive activities
- Strong oral & written communication skills
- Highly motivated to learn and grow, both personally and professionally
- Take initiative to increase process efficiency and drive cost out
- Manage plant inventory and optimize processes along the supply chain
- Build strong supplier relationship to mitigate risks around undesired long / short inventory as well as resolving supply shortages, understanding the root causes and recommending corrective actions.
- Optimize inventory management by carefully balancing appropriate level of supply to allow flexibility, minimize overstock in keeping with our sustainability and financial goals.
- Conduct inventory cycle counts and investigate cycle count variances
- Placing replenishment orders with suppliers & make continuous improvement recommendations that remove waste and add value to our existing processes.
- Expedite purchase orders to ensure timely delivery and to ensure all deadlines are met.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to manage day to day activities, request for quotes with suppliers, materials are set-up for ordering, extended to all relevant locations, and ensure goods are delivered to the plant to enable business continuity.
- Work closely with sourcing team on cost savings projects, booking volume contracts, and learn how to negotiate with suppliers.
- Review problems with invoices/discrepancies and resolve the issue and correct any documentation or invoicing errors.
- Office environment/ Operations shop floor
- Occasional lifting of up to 10 pounds of paper and miscellaneous supplies