View Job Posting
Oct. 12, 2021
Manager of Engineering Services
Located in a successful industrial and commercial sector, with comfortable and scenic residential areas, and unique culinary choices, white sand beaches, marinas, fishing, golfing, trails, and shopping districts – this is truly a community that has found the perfect balance and a great place to work and raise a family! We are seeking a Manager of Engineering Services with exceptional leadership, interpersonal, analytical, and strategical thinking skills. Reporting to the Director of Public Works, the Manager of Engineering Services is responsible for coordinating engineering projects, overseeing the design of municipal works relating to roads, bridges, culverts, water, sanitary and storm sewer construction/rehabilitation, preparation of special studies, maintenance of all City owned facilities, management, and involvement in development review functions, directing and coaching staff, and engaging with various stakeholders. In addition, the Manager of Engineering Services is the lead on assigned projects to ensure their successful implementation in accordance with the strategic directions of the municipality.
- 8 years of related municipal experience in Roads and Bridges infrastructure, Water Distribution, Sanitary Sewer networks, Storm Sewer Collection systems, maintenance, and operations, in a management capacity preferably in an urban growth environment,
- Minimum of four (4) years of supervisory experience.
- 3-year college diploma in Civil Engineering Technology is necessary
- Certified Engineering Technologist (C.E.T.) designation from OACETT.
- Thorough working knowledge of Ontario legislation/regulations affecting the portfolio is required.