View Job Posting
Nov. 19, 2021
A thriving company in the Marine Industry is searching for an experienced Industrial Millwright to join their growing team in the Niagara Region. The company is looking for industry leaders with superior skills in the areas of rotating equipment overhauls and mechanical repairs. This is a great opportunity for a Millwright who is hands-on and a self-starter with the ability to work independently in both a shop and field environment. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow within the company and with proven skill and capacity eventually fill a lead hand or foreman position. The company offers a positive, stable and growth-oriented environment with a comprehensive compensation and benefit package.
- Industrial Mechanic (Millwright) 433A Certificate
- Minimum 5 years experience in an industrial setting
- Superior skills, you must be a true specialist in rotating equipment repairs
- Experience with compressors, pumps, fluid drives, hydraulic components, cranes, presses, etc.
- Large engine turbo chargers, KBB, ABB, Napier etc.
- Steam turbines of all makes
- Gearboxes of all makes and sizes
- Impellor, vane, gear, piston and other types of pumps
- Self-starter capable of working productively with little supervision
- Excellent mathematical skills
- Fluent English in both conversational and technical terms (written and oral)
- Available and willing to work overtime as needed
- Valid drivers license
- Complete repairs and major overhauls, including the installation of rotating and other equipment of all types
- Repair equipment from OEM and customer drawings
- Provide direction to reverse engineer parts/equipment that have no drawing or material specification
- Give guidance to machine precision parts from customer drawings
- Read and interpret engineering drawings, blueprints, charts and tables
- Identify and recommend innovative solutions to problems
- Write and provide detailed technical service reports of the equipment repaired
- Performing routine daily maintenance on equipment, inspection & records data.
- Document and report deviations from specifications and tolerances
- Ensure that all work is performed according to the company's and OHSA Safety Policies
- Follow the company's ISO 9001 related activities and programs
- Other duties as instructed by the Mechanical/Manufacturing Shop Foreman
Please submit resumes to : firstname.lastname@example.org