View Job Posting
Nov. 22, 2021
General Manager- Marina
Our client, an established Club that is one of the premier sailing destinations in the world, is seeking an experienced General Manager to oversee day-to-day operations. The General Manager is responsible and accountable for the daily management and operations of the Club, including general administration oversight, delivering of services to members, customers and visitors, human resource management for all staff, the management of facilities and equipment both marine and land based, management of contractors and contracted services, compliance with all laws, rules and regulations applicable to Club facilities and operations, oversight of the Junior Sailing staff/maintenance of Junior Sailing equipment and all other matters as may be directed by the Board of Directors, through the Vice Commodore, Operations, from time to time.
- Secondary School Diploma required
- College Diploma in Marine management/facilities management preferred
- 5 years’ experience with facilities management, preferably marina facilities and staff management
- Proficiency with Microsoft suite required
- Valid Drivers License required
- Canadian Power and Sale Squadron and Registered Operator (VHF) Certificate- ROC-M preferred
- Mobile Equipment License (lift truck and hoist operator) preferred
- Pleasure Craft Operators Card preferred
- Excellent customer service skills
- Human resource management skills and proven ability to manage staff in a highly dynamic environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills reporting to a VC Operations and Board of Directors
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize workloads
- Conflict resolution skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal Board supervision
- Mechanical aptitude that enables the ability to develop additional skills
- Marine/recreational vessel knowledge, experience, and applications.
- Provide oversight of all administrative functions as directed by the Board of Directors, through the Vice Commodore, Operations including, without limitation, all accounting functions, cash management, human resource requirements, contractor management, facilities, equipment and operations management and website management.
- Supervise budget preparation, profit and loss and balance sheets, monthly financial statements, and year end preparation for auditor, in consultation with the Treasurer and Vice Commodore, Operations for pre-approval by the Board of Directors and approval by the Membership.
- Adhere to all board policies and procedures and ensure compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements governing Club facilities and operations.
- Be on call after hours for both security and emergency response requirements.
- Ensure insurance placement for property, facilities, and liabilities as directed by the Board and communicated through the Vice Commodore, Operations.
- Supervise employees, including staff coaching, vacation scheduling, hiring and supervising parttime and student employees, ensuring safety instruction and effective communication between all Club staff.
- Assign slip allocations
- Prepare General Manager Reports to the Board of Directors and attend Board meetings as required.
- Supervise maintenance of both indoor and outdoor facilities – Office/Club House, A-Frame, grounds, and docks
- Ensure all facilities and equipment/mobile equipment and tools are inventoried and maintained on a regularly scheduled basis and ensure that all requisite operation approvals, certification, and licenses are maintained for Club equipment, facilities and operations.
- Contract and coordinate all outside vendors
- Ensure facilities are open to membership and guests during appropriate hours and provide an appropriate schedule for employee working hours
- Coordinate the ordering of all supplies and materials
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as assigned or required by the Club Vice Commodore (Operations).
Please submit resumes to: email@example.com