View Job Posting
Jan. 13, 2021
Health, Environment & Safety Assistant
Niagara Falls, ON
Our local client is looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Health and Safety Assistant to assist the Environmental Engineer and the Safety Specialist with a variety of environmental and safety related tasks and initiatives.
- Community College Diploma preferably in Health, Safety and the Environment or related field or equivalent knowledge and experience.
- Knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Environmental regulations. Previous training on Industrial Hygiene would be an asset.
- Knowledge of Ontario Ministry of Environment field sampling protocol and environmental regulations is required. Knowledge of wastewater treatment systems is an asset.
- Knowledge of and ability to operate basic computer software applications including Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and to conduct research using the internet.
- Analytical skills, strong organizational and coordination skills related to operational activities.
- Well developed interpersonal / communication and ability to work within a team.
- Accreditation with the Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technicians and Technologists (OACETT) an asset.
To support and assist the Environmental Engineer and the Safety Specialist with a variety of environmental and safety related tasks and initiatives. In addition, to co-ordinate, administer, comply and monitor the Industrial Hygiene, Environmental and Safety objectives at the Niagara Plant. To achieve 100 % regulatory compliance concerning Health, Environment and Safety. Conduct daily work activities in support of HSE objectives and policies. Use personal accountability to assist with carrying out duties, responsibilities and authority as defined in HSE programs, practices and procedures. Understand HSE policies and programs. Work safely, with respect to health and environmental requirements