View Job Posting
Oct. 8, 2020
Work Centre Technician
Our client THK RHYTHM AUTOMOTIVE is currently looking Work Centre Technicians.
- Adhere to all Company rules, Health and Safety regulations, and the Collective Labour Agreement
- Ensure compliance with company policies and standards for cost control, waste reduction, quality, safety, and complete and on-time delivery
- Ensure high standards of workmanship and efficiency
- Ensure outputs meet production schedules, safety and quality standards, as well as customer needs
- Follow manufacturing and processing procedures, set machine or equipment controls, carry out production and inspection processes
- Perform daily maintenance and safety checks on all equipment and tools
- Initiate corrective action for any set-up problems
- Detect equipment malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining and adjust machine, controls, or control media within capabilities as required to ensure quality of production. Employ micrometers, snap gauges, thread gauges, dial indicators, length gauges, gaugetakers, and similar measuring devices during production runs.
- Maintain SPC charts as required by operational sketch frequency and make necessary adjustments or tooling changes to maintain quality within specified parameters. Mark, record, and report defective products.
- Closely monitor machines for signs of problems while ensuring output is meeting set specifications
- Maintain the quality of product by following tool change schedules or as required to maintain tolerances
- Audit, certify, and tag all outgoing finished product
- Communicate with supervisor, engineers, and quality to resolve machining or quality issues
- Ensure proper use of required personal protective equipment at all times
- Maintain a clean working area free from dirt and debris between tasks and at end of day
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity, product quality, and safety
- Operate and tend automated assembling equipment such as robotic and fixed automation equipment
- Remove parts or completed products from conveyors and manually pack goods into bags, boxes, or other containers. Ensure full containers are moved and replaced as necessary.
- Other duties as prescribed
Job Requirements Must have :
- Highschool diploma
- Valid police clearance required
- Related manufacturing experience an asset
- Related knowledge of appropriate materials, methods, and tools required in various assembly processes an asset
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Ability to lift heavy objects (up to 30 pounds), push heavy objects (up to 50 pounds), walk, and stand for long periods of time
- Ability to perform strenuous physical labour
- Ability to prioritize and manage conflicting demands
- Demonstrated ability to operate material-handling equipment
- Must be able to manufacturer parts between 2 and 30 pounds.
- Must be able to stand for an 8 or 8.5 hour shift
- Must be about to preform all aspects of manufacturing jobs as required, including but not limited to, twisting, bending, pushing, pulling, reaching, manual dexterity, gripping and pinching, carrying weight up to 30 pounds, lifting weight up to 30 pounds, and/or overhead lifting up to 30 pounds.
- Adaptability - Adapts and responds to changing conditions, priorities, technologies, and requirements.
- Attention to Detail - Attends to details and pursues quality in the accomplishment of tasks, regardless of the volume of duties encountered.
- Commitment to Health and Safety - Works in compliance with all applicable health and safety legislation and established policies and procedures. Works in a safety-sensitive position including, but not limited to, industrial environment, tow motor traffic, operation of industrial equipment and producing vehicle safety parts for the general public.
- Cooperation - Works with others to prevent conflict and share resources to encourage symbiotic relationships within the organization.
- Economical - Ensures work is completed in a way that is conscientious of company resources.
- Organization - Able to create or maintain processes to ensure all relevant information or tools are easily accessible.
- Resourceful - Responds to difficult situations or workplace requirements by using the available tools and information to support decisions and solutions.
- Teamwork - Works cooperatively and effectively with others to reach a common goal. Participates actively in group activities fostering a team environment.
- Time Management - Balances a myriad of tasks; prioritizes duties as needed.
Work Conditions: • Exposure to hazards associated with the industry/trade • Use of required personal protective equipment • Operation and use of necessary tools, machinery, or equipment • Extended periods of standing, and other physically demanding conditions • Lifting, moving, or manipulating objects up to 50 pounds
- Please forward resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org