Aug 30 2022
Our client company is a family-run business that serves customers worldwide with premium products and services in multiple industries. Exciting challenges, professional development opportunities, attractive benefits and strong innovative manufacturing partnerships define them as an employer.
As a business management partner, the Assistant Controller makes a significant contribution to the sustainable success of the organization. He/she helps to design control processes in conjunction with area managers so that every decision maker can act in accordance with agreed objectives. The Assistant Controller is future orientated to help the organization to take advantage of opportunities and risk minimization. He/she assists with the integration of organizational plans and goals into daily management processes. The Assistant Controller ensures that the quality and quantity of operational data provide timely and decision-relevant information.
Manufacturing Operations – Cost Accounting
- Focus on business partnering and day-to-day cooperation with VP Operations/CTO and Supply Chain Manager.
- Support all finance and accounting-related topics including budgeting.
- Help to manage production controlling reporting systems in conjunction with area managers.
- Support overall reporting/planning/forecast processes including fulfilment of time schedule and data quality requirements.
- Lead cost accounting and investment controlling administration.
- Support management with manufacturing cost analyses and ROI reports.
- Support monthly deviation analyses between actual / budget / previous year including manufacturing costs, opportunity costs and select KPI’s.
Sales – Profit Center Accounting
- Financial reporting support to Sales management.
- Supports all finance and sales controlling topics.
- Help to maintain sales-related reporting systems.
- Support business profitability calculations and profit center reporting. Support planning and forecast processes including fulfilment of time schedule and data quality requirements.
- Works cooperatively to resolve deviations from Sales Plan.
- Ensure compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Serve on planning and policy-making teams.
- Work with area managers and corporate staff to develop multi-year business plans for the company.
- Work with accounting group to implement and manage objectives, policies, and operating procedures for the financial department
- Cooperate with external financial auditors.
- Support management projects involving our ERP and MIS.
- Participate in process improvement initiatives as assigned.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles.
- Knowledge of ERP and MIS systems.
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports and forecasts.
- Working knowledge of margin and ROI reporting and analyses.
- Professional demeanour with strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Expertise in synthesizing and delivering financial analyses.
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality results within timelines.
- Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills.
- Positive work ethic, self-motivated, strong attention to detail.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work with incomplete information to formulate workable solutions.
Qualifications & Business Experience:
- University degree
- Completion or near completion of CPA designation.
- 3+ years of progression through financial positions with increasing responsibility in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong knowledge of ASPE and accounting principles in general.
- Experience with external auditors and the audit process.
- Experience with corporate systems including ERP, OLAP, BI, and MS Office.