Apr 17 2023
Our client, a well-established family-owned and operated business for over five decades in Niagara, is searching for an Assistant Controller to join their team.
The Assistant Controller will be responsible for providing support to the Controller in managing the financial responsibilities of the organization. This position reports directly to the Controller.
The primary duties and responsibilities of the Assistant Controller include:
- Assisting with the preparation of financial statements and management reports.
- Maintaining accurate and up-to-date records of all financial transactions.
- Managing accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Ensuring compliance with accounting policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Reconciling bank accounts and other general ledger accounts.
- Management of inventory, including reconciliation, terminal, and direct-to-customer deliveries
- Monitor accounts receivable and place calls to customer accounts that are overdue.
- Preparation of year-end working papers.
- Creation of monthly customer statements.
- Implementing accounting procedures to improve efficiency and accuracy.
- Collaborating with other departments to ensure financial data accuracy.
- Providing guidance and support to the office clerks as needed.
- Log copies of all invoices, EFTS, and customer payment EFTS.
- Manage daily EFTS from all financial institutions.
- Manage phone systems, including call forwarding when required.
- Manage petty cash.
- Collect customer information for credit checks, review, and approval of customer credit applications.
- Reconcile and file next month’s Pre-Authorized payments.
- Post the current month’s Pre-Authorized payments to customer accounts.
- Completing payroll when required.
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate for this position will possess the following qualifications:
- Completion of post-secondary diploma with a focus on Accounting or Business.
- CPA designation is required.
- Minimum of 2 years related work experience in an accounting or business environment. However, 5 years is preferred.
Knowledge & Skills in & Personal Attributes you will bring to this role:
- Accounting principles, practices, and applications.
- Understanding of corporate accounting and financial management.
- Proficient in Sage software, MS Office and Excel.
- Customer Service.
- Supervisory experience is an asset.
- Professional and team player.
- Work well under pressure.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Good communication, both written and verbal.
- Detail-oriented, with an ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Understanding of confidentiality.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team, as required.
This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated and driven individual to join a successful organization. The Assistant Controller will have the opportunity to make a significant contribution to the financial success of the company and to further develop their skills and career.