Director of Finance/Treasurer
Nov 1 2023
A municipality located in the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area (GTHA) is searching for a dynamic and strategic thinker to join them in the role of Director of Finance/Treasurer.
- Act as Treasurer of the Town, fulfilling statutory duties as prescribed by the Municipal Act, 2001
- Provide management and strategic direction for fiscally sound Town operations.
- Oversee all areas of corporate finance, including budgets, financial planning and reporting, and financial administration.
- Provide financial advisory services to Town Council, Chief Administrative Officer, and department heads.
- Report directly to the Chief Administrative Officer
- Post-secondary degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Commerce, or a related field
- Minimum of ten (10) years of progressive experience in municipal finance
- Strong knowledge of municipal finance and Public Sector Accounting Standards (PSAS)
- Effective leadership and coaching skills
- Ability to work in a demanding, solution-oriented work environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and relationship-building abilities
- Competitive salary range: $127,790 - $155,477
- Comprehensive benefits plan
For further details please contact Anne Charette: email@example.com