Environmental Health and Safety Coordinator
Nov 6 2023
Are you passionate about creating safe and sustainable workplaces? If so, our position as the Environmental Health and Safety Coordinator could be the perfect fit for you.
- Support all health and safety initiatives in the North American zone
- Track performance, identify priorities, and develop strategies and programs to ensure compliance and continuous improvement.
- Responsible for and ensuring that both ISO 14001 and OSHAS 18001 systems are fully operational and effective.
- Coordinate all aspects of pollution control, waste management, recycling, environmental health, conservation and renewable energy
- Ensure compliance with environmental and safety legislation and keep up to date with regulations and legislation (OSHA, OHSA, MOL,)
- Carry out impact assessments to identify, assess, and reduce an organization’s environmental and safety risks
- Promote and raise awareness, at all levels of an organization, of the impact of emerging environmental and safety issues
- Implement best practices in areas of corporate, ethical, and social responsibility and address any issues arising
- Investigate all environmental, health, and safety incidences and coordinate with all relevant parties the root cause and corrective actions.
- Coordinate public hearings and consultations on environmental matters
- Support all workplace compensation claims and return-to-work protocol
- Stay current on best practices, joining groups and memberships to relevant organizations
- Support management with negotiations of environmental service agreements, tracking associated costs and revenues
- Submit a detailed monthly report on HS& E activities
- Schedule annual hygiene testing for both plants
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Achieved or in progress of CRSP certification
- Knowledge of ISO systems
- Knowledgeable in North American Health, Safety and Environmental Legislation (e.g. OSHA, OHSA, EPA, Ontario MOECC, etc.) and all other relevant laws and upcoming initiatives to ensure legislative requirements are met
- 3 yrs. experience working in EH&S
- Autonomous worker
- Good written and verbal skills and the ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Investigation skills