May 13 2022
$17.00 - $19.00 per hour depending upon experience.
Our client, a local historical Museum is currently searching for an Event Coordinator for a minimum 16-month contract to plan and execute community events to celebrate their 100th anniversary. The Museum, housed in a Carnegie Foundation building erected in 1923, is committed to the collection, preservation, exhibition, and interpretation of objects and archival materials that serve to illustrate the historical founding, settlement and development of the surrounding areas from prehistory to present. The museum endeavours to grow with, and for the community, providing a source of knowledge and related programs on the heritage of our local area for present and future generations. Reporting to the Chair of the Carnegie Committee on behalf of the Board of Directors, the Event Planner is responsible for planning two (2) large-scale community events within the same calendar year. Position to begin immediately.
- Planning the events within time and financial constraints
- Researching and hiring vendors and event speakers
- Managing event planning and execution
- Evaluating the success of the event and submitting reports
- Working within the given budget per event
- Planning and executing a silent auction
- Attending various committee meetings
- Obtaining required licences and permits for the events
- Work in conjunction with the Fundraising and Community Partnership Coordinator
Education and Experience:
- Education in Event Management, Hospitality, Marketing and/or Public Relations, or equivalent work experience.
- Proven experience in the field
- Ability to multi-task with proficiency
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent negotiating skills
- Ability to creatively problem-solve
- Adept with current social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok)
- Ability to work with short timelines
- Flexible and easily adaptable
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills
- Research skills are considered an asset
- Knowledge of Niagara Region businesses is considered an asset
- Grant writing experience is a definite asset
This is a termed staff position working 40 hours per week and lasting for a minimum period of 16 months. Position to begin immediately.