Nov 30 2022
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Fundraising Manager is responsible for all aspects of fundraising, donor relations and volunteers in order to support the programs and services provided at Hamilton Food Share. This includes an annual Fund Development Plan with fiscal and strategic objectives.
The Resource Development Manager is responsible to ensure positive relationships with stakeholders, donors, sponsors and partners to secure financial investment in support of our mission at Hamilton Food Share. This includes, but is not limited to: grants and proposals, special events, direct giving, online giving, corporate giving and major gifts. Donor cultivation, recognition and stewardship, donor prospecting, database management and communications are key functions.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Post-Secondary diploma, degree or professional designation in business or related OR equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years experience in a management or senior leadership role in the Not For Profit sector;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs including but not limited to Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook; working knowledge of database systems and their functions.
- Strong interpersonal skills and professional presence in order to be able to interact effectively with individuals in a variety of roles.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills,
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, business acumen, strategic aptitude, and sound judgement.
- Proficiency in the area of public relations and media communications.
- Positive and innovative personality with the ability to excel in a fast-paced and results-oriented environment.
- Knowledge of hunger issues and the emergency food sector in Hamilton,
- Knowledge of financial planning, project management and evaluation skills.
- Fund Development & Volunteer Engagement
- Fund Development Budget
- Public Relations
- Must have use of a vehicle.
- Must be available to work some irregular hours, infrequently during weekends and evenings.
- Must be able to address multiple demands simultaneously.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com