Nov 30 2022
Our client is seeking a Head Grower. The Head Grower reports to the General Manager and is responsible for the scheduling and the health of all outgoing potted floral products.
- Minimum of 8 years of growing experience and education in a related field
- Strong leadership and organization skills
- Ability to multi-task effectively
- Excellent attention-to-detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to problem solve effectively
- Mentoring grower team in watching the potted floral crops to monitor the growth, health, insects and disease, fertilizer, and nutritional needs along with proper irrigation practices are being met.
- Monitor and manage all crop inputs as it pertains to associated costs and on hand inventory, building relationships with key suppliers to assure that all needs are met.
- Continually upgrade knowledge of any new inputs being made available that could assist in ¡improving line of products.
- Regularly monitor the growing and production processes, providing the priority tasks for the production team.
- Assess, identify, develop and implement production and growing side improvements related to productivity and/or efficiencies.
- Provide insight and research on new growing programs and be able to develop and execute a plan that the sales department can provide to the customer with confidence.
- Build and maintain relationships with the breeder to have access to new product releases prior to coming on the open market, so trialing may be completed prior to release into the broker network.
- Develop and maintain costing systems for the growing and production processes.
- Work closely with the purchasing department to assure all needs are met for fulfillment along with variety selection that best suits the production and sales plan.
- Work closely with the GM, to lead and execute on initiatives to improve profitability of the grow facility while maintaining or improving product quality.
- Participate in the workflow, processes, and procedures of the facility to assure that all goals are met.
- Work closely with the maintenance department to ensure that all equipment is functioning consistently at the highest level and in a manner that is safe for staff.