Feb 7 2023
We have an exciting opportunity for a Production Superintendent in the Niagara Region! Our client is a leading North American manufacturer focused on safety, quality, and sustainability and dedicated to creating a supportive workplace. They offer very competitive pay and benefits and provide great career development opportunities.
The Production Superintendent is accountable for all aspects of production. This includes the health, safety, environmental of the plant, production rates, quality, and costs. This position also provides leadership to the four shifts in operations as well as the Production Engineer. The successful candidate will be expected to respond to process issues off hours. Must be able to respond to emergency callouts 24/7.
Key Duties include:
- Provides supervision, direction, and leadership for the staff.
- Supervises the Shift Supervisors, Training Coordinator and Production Engineer
- Co-ordinates and administrates the Control Operator process-specific training
- Coordinates the plant shut-downs and related administration and identifies and communicates maintenance requirements on a daily basis to meet production targets.
- Liaises with other department managers to ensure cooperation and maintenance issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Communicates production plans, operational changes and issues at department meetings.
- Ensures adequate staffing is planned and scheduled.
- Prepares and conducts performance appraisals, recommends skills training for development.
- Resolves employee issues/concerns in consultation with Human Resources, maintains employee morale and facilitates team building and cooperation to ensure a positive work environment.
- Ensures operational excellence is adhered to.
- Troubleshoots abnormal process variables and equipment malfunctions within the plant.
- Partners with the maintenance department to identify, prioritize and schedule routine, capital and T/A maintenance work.
- Execute small scale projects including process design.
- Coordinates with the Production Engineer daily production requirements including production schedules, raw material ordering, quality assurance.
- Ensures plant is operated in a safe and environmentally sound manner.
Successful completion of a University Degree preferably in Chemical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering.
- Strong knowledge of plant processes and related systems.
- Previous experience with Health and Safety practices in a manufacturing environment. Knowledge of and ability to operate basic computer software applications including Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Must have related experience and be familiar with plant operations, systems, processes and procedures.
- Previous supervisory experience including planning, coordinating, organizing and delegating work.
- Related experience in project planning, preparing reports and maintaining records.
- Excellent administrative, analytical and problem-solving experience to resolve issues effectively.
- Strong interpersonal/communication and team building skills.
- SAP Knowledge as asset.