Professional Civil Engineer
Nov 23 2022
Do you want to change the world for the better, one neighbourhood at a time?
We are looking for a Principal Civil Engineer who brings a passion for re-establishing the relationship between the art of building and the making of a community through holistic planning and design. The ideal candidate will lead the company’s engineering team and believes the development of mixed-use, walkable, diverse neighbourhoods is the cornerstone of good urban design and sustainability.
Our client is a boutique consulting firm providing planning, urban design, engineering, and land development consulting services to land developers throughout the Niagara Region. The award-winning team, celebrating over 45 years of success, is passionate about building a thriving and sustainable Niagara. They enjoy strong professional relationships with local municipalities, architects, builders, and other related consulting firms in the Niagara Region.
If you are committed to growth, motivated by a similar mission, and passionate about meaningful design that will enhance the lived experience for all members of our community, we invite you to apply. Note that this role brings with it the opportunity to become a firm partner.
• Lead a group of direct reports delivering prime consultant engineering services.
• Mentor, develop and inspire a team of professionals and provide technical direction for project delivery.
• Manage various civil projects with a focus on municipal land development, urban and rural infrastructure, site plans, and drainage.
• Manage scope, schedule, and budget for assigned projects.
• Prepare detailed specifications, request approvals, tendering, and contract administration and sign off on drawings
• Develop, design, and prepare drawings, lead meetings with stakeholders, perform site inspections and reports, and review engineering calculations and designs.
• Foster the development of business and leads the expansion of business opportunities.
Experience and Qualifications:
• P. Eng. in Civil Engineering
• Six to ten years of engineering experience with direct experience in the design and construction of civil projects
• Experience in land development and team management is considered a strong asset.
• Demonstrated skill with a broad range of engineering tools, analysis, design, and client management in a professional consulting practice.
• Technical document writing capabilities with strong verbal communication.
• Knowledge of project management principles and processes.
What we offer:
• Exciting and challenging work
• Opportunity to learn and grow in a collaborative environment
• Competitive salary and Group Health Benefits Package
• Casual dress
• Potential firm partnership opportunity