Temporary Chemical Lab Technician
Nov 1 2023
Innophos has an immediate opening for a Temporary Chemical Lab Technician in their Lowbanks facility to perform qualitative and quantitative determinations of chemical products, gases, raw materials, environmental samples, miscellaneous samples using physical and/or chemical analysis methods, and equipment calibration using standard samples.
- Working with various laboratory reagents and chemicals, such as nitric acid, hydrochloric acid, etc.
- Receive instructions from the Manager of Quality Food and Safety, Quality Chemist, and/or Senior Chemical Technician
- Perform routine and non-routine laboratory, plant analytical, and environmental tests using good analytical techniques.
- Catalog samples
- Record all results of testing.
- Pass, and release all products meeting specifications and report all products not meeting specifications.
- Keep all equipment and environment clean.
- Collects environmental samples and inspects sump holes.
- Operates DI water production.
- Produces certificates of analysis
- Maintains SQC charts on the product as directed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Completed relevant post-secondary education. ie - Minimum of a 3-year diploma or degree (Science, Chemistry, or Biochemistry) preferred.
- College/University Students in a related course of study seeking part-time work may also be considered.
- Courses in analytical wet chemistry and instrument analysis are an asset.
- This is a contract position.
- Full-time hours
- Day, afternoon, and night shifts – rotating (shifts are 8-, 10- and 12-hour rotating schedule)
- Shifts are scheduled Sunday through Saturday
- Overtime available/required.