View Job Posting
As lead of the Financial Reporting team, the Controller actively participates in month-end and year-end close processes, produces, and analyzes financial information for a mid-size construction company, and contributes to the team by taking on ad hoc projects as required.
- Experience in construction accounting mandatory.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and working towards or preferably completed a professional designation
- 5 years of related accounting experience
- Knowledge of accepted accounting rules, practices, and reporting requirements
- Good organizational, time management & prioritizing skills
- Able to cope in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Attention to detail and sound analytical thinking
- Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Computer literate, including effective working skills of MS Word, Excel and e-mail
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
Experience with Sage 100 and Procore considered an asset as integration of these two systems is essential for success in this position.
- Maintain integrity of general ledger accounts; calculate and book required entries
- Participate in putting together monthly submission packs and variance analysis
- Maintain corresponding schedules and balance sheet reconciliations
- Assist with half-year and year-end external and internal audits
- Oversee intercompany financials and produce consolidated statements
- Monthly P & L with normalized WIP
- Reconcile & agree intercompany balances and P&L items with counterparts
- Produce budgets and analysis and make recommendations to improve bottom line
- Prepare and submit all Payroll, HST and WSIB remittances and returns
- Accomplish tasks on time and take on special projects as needed
- Bring new perspectives, curiosity, and a desire to learn! We love process improvements, and we want you to be an integral contributor to our team!
Please submit resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org