View Job Posting
Sep. 12, 2019
Human Resources - Safety Coordinator (Construction)
The HR-Safety Coordinator will facilitate the administration of human resources, environmental, health, safety, and security programs.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 2+ years of Human Resources experience in Construction or Industrial settings;
- 2+ years of Occupational Health and Safety experience in Constructions or Industrial settings;
- The confidence and comfort to regularly work outdoors, in confined spaces, in hot/humid environments, at heights, and through inclement weather;
- Proof of a Diploma or Degree in HR, Business or a related discipline from an accredited post-secondary institution combined with a desire to grow their career in Human Resources;
- Knowledge of relevant legislation (e.g., O. Reg. 213/91: CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS);
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word);
- Strong ability to handle highly sensitive and confidential information on a daily basis;
- Advanced communication skills (both verbal and written).
Specific accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Acting as the first point-of-contact for customer service, human resources, environmental, health, safety and security inquiries and incidents;
- Providing suitable guidance and escalating inquiries and issues when appropriate;
- Performing full-cycle recruitment and attendance management;
- Ensuring appropriate functioning of health and safety policies/programs such as the confined space entry program;
- Offering first aid, documenting incidents, tracking issues, and supporting the Joint Health and Safety Committee;
- Assisting with inspections and reporting to the Ministry of Labour and Workplace Safety Insurance Board;
- Auditing, correcting, and copying relevant information from time cards;
- Maintaining effective employee records.