Jan 25 2024
Niagara Parks Foundation is looking for a professional and experienced fundraiser passionate about helping to preserve and protect the land surrounding Niagara Falls and the Niagara River.
The Fundraising Manager will lead the annual giving program and major gift program to enable the key projects that the Foundation is supporting. This role will work collaboratively with the Chief Executive Officer of Niagara Parks and all Foundation board members. The successful candidate will have experience building community partnerships and securing individual and corporate gifts, with a proven track record of identifying, cultivating, soliciting, stewarding, and strengthening relationships. This role is perfect if you are a positive, creative, self-starter inspired by our vision to make a difference in stewardship activities in a globally significant region. Our ideal candidate will provide an enthusiastic “get it done” attitude, contributing to a positive, forward-thinking environment.
If you are someone who thrives on challenge, loves to lead and you are passionate about making a difference in our parks system, then this opportunity is for you, and we would like to hear from you!
Niagara Parks offers an annual salary range of $80,000 to $90,000 per annum.
Applications for this position will be accepted until February 29, 2024.
The Niagara Parks Foundation will support the advancement of The Niagara Parks Commission’s special mandate as the environmental and cultural stewards of the 56km Niagara River corridor. As a self-financed agency of the Ontario Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Sport, Niagara Parks relies exclusively on its own revenue streams to operate and maintain its extraordinary 56-kilometre ribbon of parkland. The Niagara Parks Foundation offers the public and corporations with unique opportunities to actively contribute and support one of the world’s most known and beloved public spaces.
- Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma in a related field.
- Accreditation in fundraising considered an asset.
- Valid driver's license and access to a vehicle.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience and a proven record of success in raising funds for non-profit organizations.
- Consistent experience meeting/exceeding high-level fundraising performance metrics.
- Experience in creating budgets and financial reports.
- Well organized approach to donor management and developing strong partnerships.
- Strong management and time management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite Programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Proficient in fundraising databases such as DonorPerfect or CanadaHelps.
- Knowledge of current trends influencing the success of the parks, tourism, culture, heritage, and similar sectors.
- Excellent communication, teamwork, and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work respectfully and collaboratively with various individuals.
- Possess strong writing, presentation, and networking skills.
- Ability to thrive in high energy, busy environments while maintaining professionalism and sound judgement.
- Experience in raising funds in a capital campaign setting as asset.
- Experience in a virtual work setting an asset.
- Knowledge and experience working with donor databases considered an asset.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of the capital project of redevelopment and ongoing needs of Niagara Parks.
- Develop and implement a fundraising strategy, including (but not limited to):
- Individual giving through direct mail, online donations, monthly giving, memorial gifts, planned giving, the donation of securities, events, and major gifts. Corporate giving, community partnerships; and foundations and grants.
- Manage a portfolio of relationships, personally solicit and close gifts as well as prospecting, cultivating and stewarding donors to maintain engagement with the parks.
- Contribute to a communications plan and materials as required in collaboration with the communication department of Niagara Parks (appeal letters, donor correspondence, newsletter, case for support, etc.)
- Provide statistical analysis of donor and fundraising activities.
- Develop a stewardship strategy to recognize donors and secure strong renewal rates while enhancing the donor experience.
- Cultivate existing donors to upgrade their support by converting them into long-term, high-value donors.
- Leverage existing support of community partners and corporate sponsors to inspire further support from the community.
- Acknowledge the importance of the contribution of others; share and celebrate success.
- Manage the administrative and office operations associated with the role including the donor database.
- Perform other duties as needed to ensure effective operations of the fundraising program.
- Performs Other Related Duties
- As assigned.
The personal information in your candidate profile is collected under the authority of the Niagara Parks Act, R.S.O. 1990, C.N.3, s.4(l), and in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. It will be used to assess your qualifications for the job postings to which you apply. If successful, your information will also be used for the creation of your employee profile under the authority of the Employment Standards Act, 2000, c.41, s.15(1). We are an equal-opportunity employer. In accordance with AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005), Niagara Parks will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection, and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you require disability–related accommodations, please inform the Human Resources (HR) staff. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If you require additional information regarding the collection and use of the personal information in your candidate profile or would like to request an alternate format, please contact Niagara Parks at 905.295.4377 ext. 3601 or by e-mail at email@example.com.