View Job Posting
A local Accounting firm, in business for 40+ years, is seeking an enthusiastic and dependable Receptionist to provide support to their dedicated staff of over 60 professionals. Reporting to the Office Manager, the successful candidate will have strong organizational skills, a positive disposition and be responsible for the completion of multi-level tasks in a professional and timely manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Retrieves messages from voice mail and forward to appropriate personnel.
- Answer incoming telephone calls, determines purpose of the call and forwards calls to appropriate personnel.
- Transfers calls to voice mail when appropriate personnel are unavailable.
- Answers questions about organization and provides callers with address, directions, and other information.
- Reception Desk:
- Welcomes on-site visitors, determines nature of business, and announces visitors to appropriate personnel.
- Receives, sorts and routes mail and couriers, logging items received into CRM.
- Receives and routes incoming faxes, sends faxes, assists users.
- Takes payment for services.
- Order flowers, make donations, send cards when requested by partners.
- Filing, photocopying, faxing, correspondence, etc.
- Data Entry:
- Reconcile monthly courier invoice enter charges into Time & Billing.
- Setting up information and files for new clients.
- Sending independence letters.
- Update clients’ change of address and mobility changes for Canadian Tire clients.
- Filing client annual CBCA returns.
- Year-end email instructions for Canadian Tire clients.
- Set up ShareFile accounts, add users.
- Property and building maintenance:
- Co-ordinate with contractors attending the facility.
- Ordering and controlling supplies.
- Organize local errands to be done.
- Distribute and reconcile petty cash.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 6-12 months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge of: AccPac Accounting Software, Time and Billing, X-Press Post Database software, FedEx Internet Software, CRM, Microsoft Office
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.