May 13 2022
Our client in Lowbanks is seeking a skilled applicant to perform qualitative and quantitative determinations of chemical products, gases, raw materials, environmental samples, miscellaneous samples using physical and/or chemical analysis methods and equipment calibration using standard samples.
• Completed relevant post-secondary education. i.e. - Minimum of a 3-year diploma or degree (Science, Chemistry or Biochemistry).
• Courses in analytical wet chemistry and instrument analysis an asset.
• Working with various laboratory reagents and chemicals, such as nitric acid, hydrochloric acid, etc.
• Receive instructions from the Manager Quality Food and Safety, Quality Chemist, and/or Senior Chemical Technician
• Perform routine and non-routine laboratory, plant analytical and environmental tests using good analytical techniques
• Catalogue samples
• Record all results of testing
• Pass, release all product meeting specification and report all product not meeting specification
• Keep all equipment and environment clean
• Collects environmental samples and inspects sump holes
• Operates DI water production
• Produces certificates of analysis
• Maintains SQC charts on product as directed
• Other duties as assigned
• Full-time hours
• Day, afternoon & night shifts – rotating (shifts are 8-, 10- and 12-hour rotating schedule)
• Shifts are scheduled Sunday through Saturday
• Overtime available/required
Innophos welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.