Forge Technician Upsetter
May 13 2022
THK RHYTHM AUTOMOTIVE designs and produces a variety of safety-critical linkage and suspension products for automobile manufacturers across North America. At the core of our success is our ongoing commitment to quality and safety in every aspect of our work. We are currently looking for an energetic and innovative person at our St. Catharines, Ontario facility for the role of Forge Technician Upsetter
• Remove existing set-up, inspection condition of dies and last piece forged to determine if any die changes are required.
• Advise Tocco set-up person of the impending part number change.
• Install new set-up.
• Fit shims and/or adjust backstops and clamping devices or other holding fixtures required to ensure maintenance of correct dimensions.
• Position and light gas burner to preheat dies and punches.
• Ensure forged parts are given First Piece Approval by the line inspector.
• Lubricate dies and punches.
• Maintain SPC charts during run and make necessary adjustments or tooling changes.
• Tag all skids as per tagging instructions using QAD.
• Perform housekeeping duties including cleaning equipment and work area prior to end of each shift in accordance with 5S principles.
• Adhere to all Company rules, Health and Safety regulations and the Collective Labour Agreement.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Previous foundry experience would be an asset
• Physical Demands:
• Lifting up to a maximum of 50 lbs. when moving parts from skid, to Tocco, to machine
• Reaching forward and low levels when positioning parts
• Gripping and handling of large parts
• Static and dynamic standing for upwards of 8 hours per shift
• Bending/stooping in a confined space in front of the machine to load parts into blows
• Required to balance on one leg while operating foot pedal
• Throwing parts into bins
THK offers an excellent working environment, competitive salary, defined contribution pension, and comprehensive benefits package. Interested candidates can forward their resumes and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please do not contact our organization by phone.